Monday, October 18, 2010

Brainstorming with Wallwisher

www.wallwisher.com



This website allows you to create a wall containing a central question of your choosing, where multiple respondents are able to post sticky-notes of their ideas randomly on the page.

I recently used this website in one of my Business Studies classes in order to create a class set of summary notes.

How it worked:
  • Two new walls were set up containing the titles of topics which were recently completed. 
  • Students had 10 minutes as a class to post as many sticky-notes to the wall containing points relevant to each topic. As students were partaking in this activity they were immediately able to see the notes posted by other students on this common wall.  Students also knew who posted what, as names were also attributed to the stickies.
  • At the completion of the task students took a screen shot in order to have their own set of class notes.

RESULTS
Students appeared to be very competitive with this task as each took pride in being the first to post a particular point. The entire class seemed very engaged with the activity and interestingly, they were able to cover virtually all aspects of the topic in the allocated time. Wisdom of crowds I say!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chris, I saw this in operation at a workshop in Christchurch, and it looked great, but it wouldn't function properly on the iPad...like a few Web 2.0 apps I have come across unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Scott, its unfortunate the restrictions that apply to the iPad. I am still trying to work out some unique ways that teachers may use this device, as our school does not yet have a class set. Will hopefully blog about some ideas soon.

    Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete